FREERIDE & CARVING MACHINE
The Maelstrom is taking snowboarding back to its roots, with a few new-school twists. This tapered, directional, cambered board is meant for cruising, carving, floating through pow, and charging steeps. Comfortable all over the resorts, the Maelstrom offers the edge control of a traditional, old-school feel, by adapting modern technology like added traction bumps along the edges and a hybrid directional camber profile for smooth turn initiation and exit.
Rocker in the nose leading into traditional camber by the back foot. Float effortlessly through powder and lock-in on groomers.
Powerful, snappy and stable. Directional flex. 6 of 10
Fast, strong and smooth - like a good whiskey
We've got your back
Every Niche graphic has its own unique story to tell, and includes a special set of coordinates, leading to an even deeper story and place on Earth. This season, each of Niche's graphic coordinates links to a global map of solar eclipse paths of totality. Some from the past, some from the future, each as interesting and unique as the last.
totality location: egypt
Coordinates: 25.505° N, 33.1826° E
- Camber medley, which gives you the benefits of reverse camber,while maintaining optimum pop and control
- Reverse camber between your feet, and camber zones extending to the contact points for a super loose, catch-free feel
- Extra edge contact points to give your board more edge control and stability, especially in icy conditions
- Works like the serrated edge of a knife
- Fixes the ‘squirrely’ feel that reverse camber boards can have
- Used to replace carbon fiber because of its similar characteristics ...and it’s more eco friendly!
- Adds pop and stability
- Dampens vibrations
snappy sap bio-resin
- More elastic and snappier than normal resin
- Dampens vibrations
- Extremely high adhesion properties to help keep your board from delaminating
Direct digital print, lacquer free, matte finish topsheet
Water Based Inks
Non-toxic, solvent free, uv based inks
sustainable wood core
A combination of poplar, paulownia and bamboo
Flip Flop Bases
Alternate color schemes are used to avoid extra plastic base material waste during production.
recycled base, sidewalls and edges